Dental school continues to take over my life… the good news is, I graduate in approximately 287 days, 14 hours and 15 minutes. But, I mean, who’s counting? Last week I took part 2 of my national board exam. 2500 dollars and 3 days of testing later, lets just say it sucked. The light at the end of the tunnel is dim, but it’s there.
In between the craziness of school I’ve managed to squeeze in some great times with friends and family. Summertime is my favorite time of year. It’s the season of weddings, cookouts, festivals, pool days and all things warm and fuzzy… I am sad to realize that it is already over half way over. Where has the time gone?
So speaking of summer, I think this is an awesome light summer recipe. I am so excited to share this recipe because it is so simple and so delicious. I love that this recipe used greek yogurt as an alternative to mayo, which is in traditional chicken salads. I’m also pretty much obsessed with anything with Franks Red Hot in it, I think it temporarily satisfies my craving for chicken wings. And by temporarily I mean for like 5 minutes. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did.
- 5 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese ( I hate blue cheese… so I skipped this and a splash or ranch dressing instead!)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper.
2. Stir in chicken, celery, cilantro, and blue cheese.
3. Refrigerate until serving. I served mine in pita pockets. Delicious.
Recipe has been modified from: The Novice Chef
Other recipes I’ve made with Franks Red Hot: